New ForceWare beta drivers have been posted on nZone with version number 81.87. The new drivers are available for Windows 2000 and Windows XPthe x64 variants of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 and finally also for the GeForce video cards used in notebooks. In version 81.87, in addition to the usual bug fixes of a new 81 release, improved support for GeForce graphics cards in SLI setup and improvements in PureVideo, we also find changes in the driver core for Call of Duty 2. In addition, there are a number of other fixes implemented, which they are can be read below:
Single GPU Issues Resolved
- GeForce 6 and 7 Series GPUs, Windows XP: Improved compatibility and performance on GPUs when playing Call of Duty 2.
- GeForce 7800 GT/GTX: Reflections are corrupt when set to high in Serious Sam 2.
- GeForce 7800 GT/GTX: There is screen corruption when panning in overscan shift mode.
- GeForce 7800 GT/GTX: Cyan-colored pixels appear randomly on the water tower in FEAR
- GeForce Go 7800 GTX, Sager system: LCD compressed scaling mode is not retained after rebooting the system.
- GeForce 6800: After switching playback from one DVR-MS file to another, the second file experiences dropped frames.
- GeForce 6800 GT, GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault has sky and ship rendering artifacts.
- GeForce 6800/ 6600: Silent Hunter III characters located outside experience random fogging effects.
- GeForce 6600: When applying a new resolution on a Samsung 30ʺ CRT via DVI, the resolution reverts after rebooting the system.
- GeForce 6600, HDTV, Windows XP MCE: The mouse cursor disappears after opening the MCE extensions resize Desktop option with MCE in fullscreen mode.
- GeForce 6600, Windows XP MCE 2005: Fluctuation in video brightness and color occurs when running a 1080i.ts file using VMR9.
- GeForce 6150/6100: Playing an HD MPEG2 clip while another is playing causes corruption on the bottom half of the playback window.
- GeForce 6150/6100: The lower half of the screen fails to render at 512×384 or lower resolution.
- GeForce 6150/6100: Video tears when playing back MPEG HD clips with latest WinDVD.
- GeForce FX 5900: Water rendering corruption occurs in Links 2003.
SLI Related Issues Resolved
- GeForce 7800 GTX, SLI: The Apple 30ʺ display loses sync when installing the driver.
- GeForce 7800 GT/GTX, SLI: Rendering corruption occurs in 3D applications when fixed aspect ratio is set for widescreen panels.
- GeForce 7800 GT/GTX, SLI: With SLI mode enabled using AFR2, the opening video in Tiger Woods 2006 does not render.
- GeForce 7800 GT/GTX, GeForce 6800 Ultra, SLI: The NVIDIA panel intermittently prompts for a reboot after enabling dynamic SLI coming out of Dualview.
- [SLI]: It is not possible to reliably switch the output to a specific display after enabling SLI.
- [SLI]: The screen goes blank after switching to the flat panel display on the second GPU once after rebooting the system.
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64|