LG today introduced the latest premium smartphone of the brand, the LG G7 ThinQ, in New York. A device that is equipped with useful and useful AI functions that enrich the smartphone experience in the base. When the new smartphone becomes available in the Netherlands is not yet known.
The LG G7 ThinQ features the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform chip which, in combination with 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, ensures that even the most demanding tasks and apps are implemented with ease. The device has a bright 6.1 inch display and is less than half a centimeter larger than its predecessor, but not wider. Gorilla Glass 5 on both the front and back provides some extra durability and of course this LG device is dust and waterproof with a rating of IP68.
The G7 ThinQ has been expanded with an 8 megapixel front camera and two 16 megapixel lenses on the back for high-resolution photos, both in normal and Super Wide Angle modes. The wide-angle lens captures landscapes even better, with less distortion at the edges, and selfies are brighter and more natural than ever.
The AI functions of the camera, which made their debut in the LG V30S ThinQ, have been improved. The AI CAM now offers 19 different ways to take photos, instead of eight, for even better optimized photos.
Low light? With the new Super Bright Camera, images can be up to four times brighter without the typical noise of photos taken in low light. The smart AI algorithm automatically adjusts the camera settings and provides the best balance of brightness, resolution and colors.
It is also one of the first smartphones that supports Google Lens capabilities. Google Lens has been developed to recognize objects using the latest AI and camera capabilities. This smart feature is available in the Google Assistant and Google Photos and uses the smartphone camera, AI and machine learning to identify objects such as sights, plants, animals and books and to tell you more about them. It can also read and process text. More about Google Lens will be announced on Google I / O.
Just below the volume button is a button with direct access to all AI functions, such as the Google Assistant (tap once) and Google Lens (double tap) – the first of its kind. Press and hold the button to talk directly to Google. Thanks to the new voice recognition and the sensitive microphone, the Google Assistant can recognize voice commands up to five meters away, even in situations with background noise from, for example, the vacuum cleaner or television.
An overview of the main specifications
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon ™ 845 Mobile Platform
- Display: 6.1 inch QHD + 19.5: 9 FullVision Super Bright Display (3120 x 1440 / 564ppi)
- Storage: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / 64GB UFS 2.1 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Dual camera: 16MP Super Wide Angle (F1.9 / 107 °) / 16MP Standard Angle (F1.6 / 71 °)
- Front: 8MP Wide Angle (F1.9 / 80 °)
- Battery: 3000mAh OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dimensions: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 162 grams Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: New Platinum Gray / New Aurora Black / New Moroccan Blue / Raspberry Rose
- Other: Super Bright Display / New Second Screen / AI CAM / Super Bright Camera / Super Far Field Voice Recognition / Boombox Speaker / Google Lens / AI Haptic / Hi-Fi Quad DAC / DTS: X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Waterproof and Dustproof / HDR10 / Google Assistant Button / Face Recognition / Fingerprint sensor / Qualcomm® Quick Charge ™ 3.0 technology / Wireless Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio.