Version 5.2.1 of the video conferencing software Zoom has been released. This program makes it possible to attend meetings, conferences and lectures, among other things. It is available for the most common operating systems and is available in a free and paid version with more features. Like several comparable solutions, Zoom has grown in popularity during the corona crisis, despite it turned out that it did not always have security in order. In version 5.2.1 the following changes and improvements have been made:
- Allow Host to unmute participants using pre-approved consent
- The host can schedule meetings and webinars with Request permission to Unmute Participants, which allows participants to pre-approve the host’s ability to unmute them as needed when joining a meeting. This pre-approval will remain in place for all meetings with this host, and can be revoked by the participant at any time.
- Additional MSI Option
- Admins will now be able to manage the following features via MSI:
- Disable Automatically enter full screen when viewing shared content
- IT Admins can now disable this setting on the client via MSI.
- Admin control of who (internal/external) can add more members to a channel
- For security and privacy purposes, channel admins can control if external contacts can add new members to channels and group chats. Channel can be configured to allow either all channel members or only fellow organization members to add new members to channels.
- Highlight text to dial
- Users can highlight a phone number, right-click, then select an option to dial the highlighted number.
- Inbound call notification for internal safety response team
- Members of the internal safety response team will see a special inbound call notification when a phone user calls an emergency number (PSAP). The notification allows members to answer calls that are still dialing, or listen in on calls that were answered by the PSAP.
- Call queue continues routing calls to users after sign-out
- Resolved issue with users leaving call queue and still receiving calls active in the queue.
- Minor bug fixes
|Version number||5.2.1 (44052.0816)|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, Linux, BSD, macOS, iOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|