Version 3.2.2 of the open source protocol analyzer and packet niffer Wireshark has been released. With this program, various data packets and network protocols on the network can be analyzed. The program can also use previously saved data traffic as input. Wireshark runs on Windows, Linux, and macOS, with separate downloads for 32bit and 64bit versions of the operating systems. The changelog for this release shows the following changes and improvements:
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed:
- wnpa-sec-2020-03 LTE RRC dissector memory leak. Bug 16341.
- wnpa-sec-2020-04 WiMax DLMAP dissector crash. Bug 16368.
- wnpa-sec-2020-05 EAP dissector crash. Bug 16397.
- wnpa-sec-2020-06 WireGuard dissector crash. Bug 16394.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Add (IETF) QUIC Dissector. Bug 13881.
- Support for CoAP over TCP and WebSockets (RFC 8323). Bug 15910.
- SMB IOCTL response packet with BUFFER_OVERFLOW status is dissected improperly. Bug 16261.
- Wireshark fails to build with GCC-9. Bug 16319.
- NVMe/TCP ICReq PDU Not Interpreted Correctly. Bug 16333.
- ICMP: No response if ICMP reply packet has an ICMP checksum of 0x0000. Bug 16334.
- Display filter parsing broken after upgrade from 3.0.7. Bug 16336.
- IPv4 fragment offset value is incorrect in IPv4 header decode. Bug 16344.
- RTCP frame length warning for SAT>IP APP packets. Bug 16345.
- RTP export to rtpdump file doesn’t work. Bug 16351.
- CFDP dissector skips a byte. Bug 16361.
- ISAKMP: IKEv2 transforms and proposal have critical bit (BUG). Bug 16364.
- No IPv4/IPv6 hosts in Resolved Addresses dialog. Bug 16366.
- Lack of Check for Updates option in the Windows GUI. Bug 16381.
- LLDP dissector consumes all octets to the end of the TVB and eth trailer dissector does not get called. Bug 16387.
- LACP dissector consumes all octets to the end of the TVB and eth trailer dissector does not get called. Bug 16388.
Updated Protocol Support
- LTE RRC
- WiMax DLMAP
The following downloads are available:
Wireshark 3.2.2 for Windows (32bit)
Wireshark 3.2.2 for Windows (64bit)
Wireshark 3.2.2 for PortableApps
Wireshark 3.2.2 for macOS 10.12 and above (64bit)
Wireshark 3.2.2 source code for Linux, Solaris and *BSD among others
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, macOS, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|
|License type||Conditions (GNU/BSD/etc.)|