Version 3.0.7 of the open source protocol analyzer and packet sniffer Wireshark has been released. With this program, various data packets and network protocols on the network can be analyzed. The program can also use previously stored data traffic as input. Wireshark is suitable for Windows, Linux and macOS, with separate downloads for 32bit and 64bit versions of the operating systems. The changelog for this release shows the following changes and improvements:
- The Windows and macOS installers now ship with Qt 5.12.6. They previously shipped with Qt 5.12.5.
The following vulnerabilities have been fixed:
The following bugs have been fixed:
- ws_pipe_wait_for_pipe () can wait on closed handles. Bug 15696.
- Support for 11ax in PEEKREMOTE. Bug 15740.
- The temporary file… could not be opened: Invalid argument. Bug 15751.
- Reassembling of the two TLS records is not working correctly. Bug 16109.
- Display Filter Area: Dropdown Missing pkt_comment and tcp.options.sack_perm (likely others). Bug 16130.
- Display Filter autocompletion should be disabled. Bug 16132.
- BGP Linkstate IP Reachability information is incorrect. Bug 16144.
- NGAP: ExpectedUEActivityBehavior decode error. Bug 16145.
- HomePlug AV dissector: MMTYPE and FMI fields are dissected incorrectly. Bug 16158.
- JPEG files cannot be saved on Windows with french language. Bug 16165.
- X11 –display interpreted as –display-filter which maps to -Y option. Bug 16167.
- “Create new file automatically after” not working with extcap. Bug 16178.
- Encrypted TLS alerts sometimes listed as decrypted. Bug 16180.
- The “Remove Wireshark from the system path” package has “Add Wireshark to the system PATH “as its title. Bug 16200.
- tshark -T ek -x causes get_field_data: code should not be reached. Bug 16218.
- Crash on Go → Next / Previous Packet in Conversation when no packet is selected. Bug 16228.
Updated Protocol Support:
- HomePlug AV
- IEEE 802.11
The following downloads are available:
Wireshark 3.0.7 for Windows (32bit)
Wireshark 3.0.7 for Windows (64bit)
Wireshark 3.0.7 for PortableApps
Wireshark 3.0.7 for macOS 10.6 and higher (64bit)
Wireshark 3.0.7 source code for Linux, Solaris and * BSD, among others
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, macOS, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|
|License type||Conditions (GNU / BSD / etc.)|