Version 3.0.6 of the open source protocol analyzer and packet sniffer Wireshark has been released. With this program, various data packets and network protocols on the network can be analyzed. The program can also use previously stored data traffic as input. Wireshark is suitable for Windows, Linux and macOS, with separate downloads for 32bit and 64bit versions of the operating systems. The changelog for this release shows the following changes and improvements:
- On macOS, Wireshark can now be installed by dropping Wireshark.app onto the Applications folder.
- The macOS installer now ships with Qt 5.12.5. It previously shipped with Qt 5.12.3.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- macOS installer uses wrong user ID. Bug 6991.
- Using macosx-setup seems to prevent installing pre-built binary. Bug 11399.
- macOS installer package is configured to disallow downgrades. Bug 12593.
- extcap: Several issues when capturing from multiple extcap interfaces. Bug 13653.
- Expert Infos Incorrectly Displays Info Column instead of comment. Bug 15516.
- Wireshark does not support USB packets with size greater than 256 KiB. Bug 15985.
- IS-IS: add support for decoding TE TLV Type 138 as per RFC 5307. Bug 16012.
- NET-SNMP EngineID Length handling Warning. Bug 16051.
- TLS decryption is very slow on Windows when using a large PMS file compared to Linux / macOS. Bug 16059.
- wireshark-3.0.5 / epan / dissectors / packet-nas_5gs.c: 2459: bad test?. Bug 16075.
- ERSPAN Type III over GRE without sequence number not decoded correctly. Bug 16089.
- Windows dumpcap -v does not display capture library info. Bug 16108.
- [Regression] FT_CHAR fields not supported in Lua API. Bug 16129.
Updated Protocol Support
- BT L2CAP
- NAS 5GS
The following downloads are available:
Wireshark 3.0.6 for Windows (32bit)
Wireshark 3.0.6 for Windows (64bit)
Wireshark 3.0.6 for PortableApps
Wireshark 3.0.6 for macOS 10.6 and higher (64bit)
Wireshark 3.0.6 source code for Linux, Solaris and * BSD, among others
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|