WinUAE, the Windows port of the UAE Amiga Emulator, was updated to version 1.6.1 last Thursday. This program is able to emulate a Commodore Amiga perfectly. All models, from the very first Amiga 1000 to the Amiga 4000, are supported. Keep in mind that the Winuae comes without kickstart (boot-rom) or other software. More information can be found in the Amiga Emulator FAQ are being found. WinUAE runs on Windows 2000 and above and the download is just over 2MB in size. In addition to the emulator, there is another kickstart, say the bios/firmware of an Amiga, and software needed. Both are not available for free. Below is the changelog for version 1.6.1:
1.6.0 bug fixed:
- ASPI uaescsi.device emulation crash.
- Directory hard drive Windows illegal character handling fixed.
- Magic mouse fixed.
- Loading configuration file from command line with GUI enabled didn’t override Quickstart configuration if Quickstart mode was enabled.
- Gzip decompression fixed.
- Few remaining unicode conversion issues fixed.
Other bug fixes:
- Warp mode in fullscreen mode was not much faster in some situations.
- Direct3D scanlines work correctly again.
- Bsdsocket emulation crash when closing socket in some situations.
- Vsync with “unmatched” refresh rates was not adjusted correctly.
- Added disk image and configuration file icons, file extension association improved.
- Added button/key toggle mode to Input panel.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|
|License type||Conditions (GNU/BSD/etc.)|