A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 7.21. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows running DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new features to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 28,707 titles at the time of writing, which is 14 more than last week. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- OpenGL library converted to PE.
- Support for multi-architecture PE builds.
- More preparation work for Vulkan 32-on-64 support.
- Support for creating import libraries without dlltool.
- Local data updates.
Bugs fixed in 7.21 (total 25):
- #29974 StarBurn 13 crashes on disabling skins
- #51418 fotoBiz X – Fatal error on startup
- #51779 Visual Studio msvsmon fails to bind server socket in child processes
- #52467 Kaseya Live Connect 184.108.40.206 management software sub-component crashes
- #53081 Retina Mode broken since 7f7f9fa22c5cbe629e79a54257d5bd21403e80db
- #53100 Euphoria: freezes every second while controllers are plugged in
- #53153 SetWindowPos() incorrectly computes exposure region of parent window with WS_EX_COMPOSITED
- #53484 dxgi:dxgi times out on the debiant VM
- #53590 GetFileInformationByHandleEx() not fully implemented causing boost::directory_iterator failures with boost v1.79 and newer
- #53606 First intro stops on last frame in multiple games (Darksiders Genesis, The Medium)
- #53617 Imaris fails at exit with error, and keeps a process running.
- #53631 Multiple 64-bit applications have issues with dialogs (DipTrace, foobar2000 installer)
- #53676 vbscript cannot exec_script – invalid number of arguments for Randomize
- #53738 Cherry MIDI sequencer cannot read files with a path including CJK characters
- #53749 Hotel Giant 2: black screen after changing resolution or enabling anti-aliasing
- #53768 Winfile crashes due to unimplemented user32.dll.DragObject
- #53798 Port Royale 2: incomplete text rendering
- #53849 Apiset DLLs broken in non-PE builds
- #53856 Wine 7.20 installs some windows files to the wrong location
- #53859 Hades shows black screen at Vulkan mode
- #53861 Non-PE builds fail after “makefiles: Add support for multiple PE architectures.”
- #53872 Adobe Reader XI crash opening settings in Protected Mode
- #53879 Gothic 1 doesn’t launch (msdbi.dll failed to initialize)
- #53888 vbscript does not allow Mid on non VT_BSTR
- #53893 ws2_32:sock – test_WSASocket() gets an unexpected raw protocol name in French on Windows
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|