Wine is working towards a new stable release and has released the third release candidate. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 28,256 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- Bug fixes only, we are in code freeze.
Bugs fixed in 7.0-rc3 (total 22):
- 39699: EDT for Windows installer crashes inside wine`s hhctrl.ocx
- 41098: Descent 3 (GOG version) has problem when running with OpenGL renderer (Nvidia proprietary drivers)
- 47875: kernel32:file: FindFirstFile(“foo\nul\bar”) succeeds on AMD graphics!
- 48032: Origin often fails to install games (regression)
- 48776: GoToMeeting Opener crashes
- 49338: Black screen when playing videos in Lylian demo
- 49397: DX11 Sample “Texturing and Lighting” fails with error “Failed to load texture”
- 50159: Lylian demo plays: we can hear sounds but no video.
- 50668: Submarine Titans crashes when the opening video should be played
- 51159: test_NLSVersion() fails on Windows 10 >= 2004 in kernel32:locale
- 51598: cmd.exe crashes on “if exist” without arguments
- 51862: Error compiling function init_cpu_info() in dlls/ntdll/unix/system.c with GCC 4.8.4
- 52073: The builtin libxml2/libxslt libraries break msxml3:domdoc in wow64 mode
- 52180: Significant performance regression in The Sims 2
- 52198: MotoGP 2 launcher ‘Configure controller’ menu doesn’t open
- 52200: Yamizome Liberator (demo): In-game video isn’t played.
- 52202: Notation Player 4 has no sound while playing MIDI file when using winecoreaudio.drv
- 52214: Elite Dangerous game can’t recognize network when using WLAN adapter, but launcher works
- 52222: WINEDLLOVERRIDES=”DINPUT8.dll=n,b” no longer works since 4f1095a, worked in V6.23.
- 52224: inetmib1:main test times out in linux
- 52225: Several games suffer from audio crackling due to underflows in winepulse.drv
- 52260: Gothic 3: flickering, low-res textures with built-in msvcrt.dll
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|