A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 6.5. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 27,790 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- OpenCL support updated to version 1.2.
- More support for IE compatibility modes in MSHTML.
- More windowless RichEdit work.
- A few more WinRT library stubs.
Bugs fixed in 6.5 (total 25):
- 33375: Cannot test dlls with dashes in their name
- 34906: Multiple applications crash when trying to render in system memory (Zoo Tycoon, TOCA Touring Car Championship, The Sims, Conquest: Frontier Wars)
- 37488: Quicken 2014 reports error 0x0000054f on startup (NtAreMappedFilesTheSame fails to compare in-memory loader view of builtin dlls with mapped disk image)
- 37983: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Outlaws (GOG.com versions) – music doesn’t work
- 45032: WineTest does not run the vcomp tests
- 45567: League of Legends 8.12+ fails to start a game (antiheat engine, validation of WoW64 syscall dispatcher)
- 45685: Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.5 does not run after training a new user
- 46817: Steam Big Picture needs d3d11_device_CreateDeviceContextState
- 47310: Canon TS3100 series full driver and software package refuses to install: “To install the software, you must be logged in to an administrator account.”
- 50034: In font dialog’s sample text, background changes color
- 50119: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin shows a white screen with vulkan renderer
- 50168: Error when running notepad.exe: Failed to start RpcSs service
- 50362: Fl Studio 20.8 crashes on startup
- 50411: Adobe Audition 2020 crashes on startup, reporting ‘Direct2D Drawbot error’ (d2d_geometry_group_GetBounds is a stub)
- 50721: IDA Pro 7.5: Lumina can’t contact server, complains about Schannel security attributes
- 50738: Guild Wars 2 launcher can’t login
- 50756: “Path is invalid.” when using “SVN update” with SVN for Windows, which is used by TortoiseSVN
- 50783: WineTest declares dlls with dots in their name as missing
- 50790: No display found when using winemac.drv in a VM
- 50805: Win32_OperatingSystem class is missing ‘ProductType’ (affects Chocolatey)
- 50809: Multiple .NET 4.x application installers fail due to ‘MsiNetAssemblySupport’ property returning incorrect version (IronPython 2.7.5)
- 50826: .NET applications fail to start with Wine-Mono: ‘The file C:\windows\mono\mono-2.0\lib/mscorlib.dll is an invalid CIL image’
- 50836: dxva2api.h does not compile as C++
- 50862† [Regression] Steam fails to start
- 50863: The specified path wine git does not treat when calling exe file.
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|