A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 6.10. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 27,929 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- Mono engine updated to version 6.2.0, with upstream updates.
- Shell folders naming scheme follows recent Windows.
- WinePulse library converted to PE.
- More math functions from Musl in the C runtime.
Bugs fixed in 6.10 (total 25):
- 15781: Multiple Office/MSAccess applications fail on startup due to ‘ICreateTypeInfo2_fnDeleteImplType’ stub (AllInOne-Office 4.x/5.11, Acclaim Cashbook)
- 29903: Multiple games and applications fail to enumerate processes due to ‘wtsapi32.WTSEnumerateProcessesW’ stub (Visual Studio 2005, .NET 2.0 SDK DbgCLR, Akamai DL Manager, Dekaron)
- 31310: TIE: Fighter: Collectors Edition (1998 Tie Fighter collectors series, remake of the original 1995 DOS version) crashes on startup
- 34746: Dino Crisis Demo doesn’t play video sequences even though Indeo codecs are installed
- 36010: Changing font resolution on winecfg changes default main font to Tahoma
- 41253: GZDoom Builder 2.3 (.NET 3.5 app) crashes with Wine-Mono when trying to open new project or existing map
- 46320: Multiple applications and games need support for Windows Vista+ User Shell Folder layout, specifically ‘Local AppData’ (Amazon Kindle for PC)
- 47180: Nocturne unhandled exception bug on startup
- 47915: League of Legends 9.20: Crash after champ select
- 48043: user32:dce has a pair of random failures
- 48094: Simplify debugging test timeouts
- 48507: osu! icons in the setting and music player are not being rendered
- 49663: Performance regression in TrackMania Nations Forever
- 49801: Freight Yard Manager 5.x crashes on start with wine-mono
- 50147: Microsoft WebView2 “evergreen bootstrapper”/installer needs IStream::CopyTo()
- 50224: Grand Theft Auto 4: Crashes when starting the game
- 50366: Starcraft Remastered fails to create a local LAN game (needs undocumented socket “recv” ioctl 0x12014)
- 50613: several Wine Mono tests fail to load a referenced assembly on x86_64
- 50974: Multiple applications fail to open DeviceAfdxxx with non-empty final element (Rust applications using the Mio or Smol libraries, Starcraft Remastered)
- 50975: Multiple applications need an implementation of undocumented socket “poll” ioctl 0x12027 (Rust applications using the Mio or Smol libraries, Starcraft Remastered)
- 50987: dinput8:device fails on the w10pro64_fr TestBot VM
- 50988: New ProcessBasicInformation() failure in kernel32:process
- 50989: ntdll:time: New intermittent QpcSystemTimeIncrement failure
- 51188: test_user_shared_data() fails in ntdll:virtual
- 51209: Regression: Wine-mono installers in the parent folder of build trees can not be found
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|