A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 5.2. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 26,911 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- More compatible codepage mapping tables.
- Support for using the null display driver as a real driver.
- Better UTF-8 support in the Resource and Message Compilers.
- Fixes for using ucrtbase as C runtime.
Bugs fixed in 5.2 (total 22):
- 14697: OllyDbg 2.x freezes sometimes during processing of debug events (debug events can block completion of queued user APCs)
- 18159: Lotus Approach (MDI app) has extra caption buttons and Control box
- 18933: Free PDF to Word Doc converter doesn’t work, window empty/hangs on launch (appinstall)
- 34848: PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5.213 crashes when switching between document tabs
- 36059: Multiple Steam games fail to install DirectX runtime prerequisite, resulting in repeated install attempt on startup (‘xinput1_3.dll’ locked by client)
- 36521: Star Wars rebellion update 1.01 crashes on start (quoted process command line only created with special ‘My Documents’ folder)
- 43934: SumatraPDF 3.1.2 has very narrow buttons in its installer
- 45462: PDF X-Change Viewer (all versions) cannot click dialog box in menu
- 45481: Spintires: MudRunner crashes at launch
- 46619: Lineage 2 crashes (godworld.ru private server)
- 46735: Multiple applications need Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9() implementation (The Sims 2 demo, Armed Assault)
- 47018: Multiple applications show transparent bitmap images on static controls with black background (comctl32 lacking support for painting 32-bit BMPv3 with alpha channel)
- 47718: x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip strip dlls make wine failed start
- 48122: Arturia MIDI Control Center crashes on unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.RtlIsNtDdiVersionAvailable
- 48392: Multiple applications crash on unimplemented function WS2_32.dll.WSCSetApplicationCategory (Verbum 8, Lineage 2’s SmartGuard 3.0)
- 48408: mixthread monopolizes buffer_list_lock if WaitForSingleObject returns quickly, causing livelock and game freeze
- 48424: xl-r8r: Crashes right after splash screen (apparently because
- vga.dll is missing)
- 48480: dlls/krnl386.exe16 – thunk.c argument logic incorrect for CallProcEx32W16
- 48489: .Net 4.7+ requires GpFontFamily to be referenced counted instead of cloning.
- 48541: Affinity Photo trial (1.7.2) crashes:Call from 0x7b00fa3d to unimplemented function mscms.dll.WcsGetDefaultColorProfileSize
- 48561: Cadence Allegro Professional 16.6 crashes at startup
- 48571: Firefox 72.0.* crashes on every tab (unless dwrite is disabled)
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|