A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 1.7.4. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. The software makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris, among others. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks, instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 20,615 titles at the time of writing. Below you will find what has been changed and improved in this release.
What’s new in this release:
- Support for Cocoa-style full-screen mode in the Mac driver.
- More preparation work for the Direct3D command stream.
- A number of Winsock improvements.
Bugs fixed in 1.7.4 (total 32):
- WSALookupServiceBegin and WSALookupServiceNext Unimplemented
- BCG Slider thumb doesn’t display correctly
- Neverwinter Nights 2 crashes
- URU Complete Chronicles: Black Screen Freeze upon UruExplorer.exe launch
- Split Second foggy, doesn’t show most of scene
- Arcanum crash after start.
- Neverwinter Nights 2 can’t detect video adapter properly, claiming: “Your video card has less than 128 MB of video memory”
- Microsoft Tinker Doesn’t Render, Gameplay not possible
- world of tanks updater: never shows a gui without winetricks ie7
- BabasChess crashed after examining a game for a while
- pixmap error ascTimeTables 2010 version
- Minitroid tech demo does not start
- SIV fails to report the workgroup name
- The Witcher fails to run
- JDK 6 installer fails with error “File name is too long”
- BCG Gantt Demo crashes when large date ranged enter.
- Guild Wars 2 screenshots look bad
- Submit form by code fails
- Java SE Development Kit 7u13 post-install cleanup tool ‘remove.exe’ crashes
- Amazon MP3 Downloader crashes during download of mp3 files (ntdll/server fd cache doesn’t take FILE_APPEND_DATA flag implicit write access into account)
- Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Beta launcher does not register form submissions
- GOG.com installers break citing XML read issue
- WS2_32.dll.WSASendMsg is unimplemented
- Wine looping endlessly on first run, and when installing Steam
- fullscreen apps won’t switch back to resolution after command-tabbing on OS X
- PhotoImpact X3 needs [email protected]@@[email protected]
- Unity3D: 3D view fails after hitting play
- __unDName doesn’t support thunks with vtordispex
- __unDName doesn’t support thunks with vcall
- MS .Net 2.0 x64 installer fails under XP mode (works under win2k3)
- NCsoft’s Aion (MMORPG) crashes on startup (WinLicense software protection, avoid forwarding some msvcr80 API to msvcrt)
- ‘INFINITY’ and ‘NAN’ undeclared
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|