A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 1.7.10. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. The software makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris, among others. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks, instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 20,941 titles at the time of writing. Below you will find what has been changed and improved in this release.
What’s new in this release:
- Window maximization in the Mac driver.
- AVI compressor implementation.
- Thread local storage support in dynamically loaded libraries.
- Beginnings of a Task Scheduler implementation.
- Extended IPX protocol support.
Bugs fixed in 1.7.10 (total 48):
- 3542 Dungeon Keeper Gold not starting
- 4633 Garmin MapSource 6.x crashes during attempt to communicate with GPS device
- 6833 AIM Pro fails to load ‘apExtCmp.dll’ (MSVCRT_ungetc write operation on read-only section/mapping)
- 8549 lsTasks tool fails due to ITaskScheduler::SetTargetComputer stub
- 10911 Jumpstart Mystery Club download manager doesn’t work
- 13407 The Bat! Voyager fails to accept the master password
- 13982 Multiple Realarcade installers fail on startup, complaining with COM/LUA scripting errors (need IFileSystem3::GetFolder method implementation)
- 16265 ActiveX Control Pad installer hangs sometimes on exit; deadlock between LdrShutdownThread and TASK_ExitTask?
- 17747 Using race07 server on wan crashes
- 18752 Skype 4 MSI installer fails to start Skype.exe when finishing installation in Vista mode (missing TaskScheduler component)
- 19052 Jasc Animation Shop 3.05 crashes on startup
- 21107 Portable RDP 6 client fails on startup, claiming “An error occurred. Try to reconnect.” (MoleBox application virtualization scheme)
- 21112 Newsbin 32 Bit Client crashes
- 21541 Farscape: The Game crash at game launch
- 21575 Shareaza 2.5.x Media Player refuses to play any media
- 21711 MotorM4X crashes when running with virtual desktop
- 23764 Segmentation fault when installing openmtb maps
- 25061 20dollars2surf app throws run-time error 445 while creating InternetExplorer.Application object
- 25109 Blood Bowl Legendary Edition cannot be launched.
- 26507 Muvee Reveal 18.104.22.1681 installer fails to extract its CABINET payload from embedded PE resource
- 26524 Muvee Reveal 22.214.171.1241 crashes on startup (main assembly manifest parser failure)
- 27180 Mobile Master: Crash at update
- 27651 Google Music Manager installer fails to start
- 30547 Corel Photo Downloader (Part of Corel MediaOne) crashes due to unimplemented function SHELL32.dll.SHCreateQueryCancelAutoPlayMoniker
- 31057 makefile(3) : fatal error U1034: syntax error : separator missing
- 32281 Visual C++ 2010 fails to install in 64-bit WINEPREFIX
- 32330 Steam slow to redraw when dragging offscreen in virtual desktop
- 32937 Freemake Video Converter: needs tasklist.exe
- 33886 Anno 1602: Unhandled exception: divide by zero in 32-bit code
- 34869 Microsoft Office 2013 full offline installer crashes on startup (TEB access with NULL TLS array pointer, failure to handle case where only late-bound modules have TLS directory)
- 34971 Volvo The Game crashes when selecting competition mode
- 35028 SPSS Legacy Viewer (SmartViewer 15) fails to install (“TempFolder” property reset by custom action)
- 35061 GoldCoin 0.7.1.7 shows assertion on startup (needs ntdll.NtQuerySemaphore implementation)
- 35084 Visual Studio 2010 installer fails to install in 64-bit Windows XP WINEPREFIX (claims “Windows XP x64 Service Pack 2 is required”)
- 35138 Keil uVision 3 IDE (PK51 version) crashes when coming out of hardware debug session
- 35146 Gazillionaire stops drawing icons
- 35176 MSVC 2012 C compiler ‘cl.exe’ fails/crashes (TLS not correctly initialized for explicitly-loaded DLLs)
- 35198 Torch Browser needs USERENV.dll.GetAppliedGPOListW
- 35199 Eve Online needs msvcp100.dll.?_Getname@_Locinfo@std@@QBEPBDXZ
- 35204 oleacc:cannot find function DllGetClassObject
- 35235 GoldCoin 0.7.1.7: synchronization with network spams terminal with “fixme:winsock:convert_eai_u2w Unhandled unix EAI_xxx ret 0” messages
- 35236 Multiple applications refuse to load or crash on startup (Nitro PDF Reader 3, Mozilla Firefox) (exception in builtin ‘msvcp100’ entry point if ‘msvcrt’ is not mapped)
- 35262 HorzionX360: Unable to run installer
- 35269 Mobile Master crashes on startup (array index out of bounds for IFile_tid in scrrun get_typeinfo)
- 35289 Star Wars – The Force Unleashed: launcher crash at start (better diagnostics for missing ‘lcms2’ support needed)
- 35292 Missing folder icons when changing installation location in TreeSize Free installer
- 35296 Multiple Realarcade installers fail on startup, complaining with COM/LUA scripting errors (need support for IFolder::get_SubFolders)
- 35302 AMD Processor Driver 1.3.2.x installer has incorrect image and text placement
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|