Normally a new build of Wine comes out every two weeks. This time, however, four weeks have passed, something that is not mentioned on Wine’s website. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. This makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, Freebsd and Mac OS X, among others. The database with applications that work under Wine now contains more than 10,000 titles that can run without problems or with a few minor adjustments. Here’s what’s changed in this release:
What’s new in version 1.1.3:
- Beginnings or ddraw overlay support.
- Many more crypt32 functions.
- Improved support for tables in Richedit.
- Support for NETWM window maximization.
- Many installer fixes.
- Tweaks for better PulseAudio support.
- commdlg.dll.so comdlg32.dll.so, a possible font dialog bug ?
- Reaktor menus not displayed properly – gray bars
- Borland qtinf70 draw problems
- wininet: A cookie set during a 302 response won’t be used during an automatic redirect
- Explore Folder using ShellExecute fails
- CLSID_InternetShortcut not available…
- Picasa: Unable to use Blogthis after signin.
- WINE_GET_SONAME does not pick up libjack soname
- TreeView in Becky! Internet Mail doesn’t work properly
- riched20:Spinner on textfields and comboboxes
- eDrawings somewhat installs completely but fails to run
- Wine blacks out rotated font bitmap
- Counter Strike 1.6 crashes after asking for the gecko engine
- Wine does not listen to the clipboard
- Wine does not correctly launch Guild Wars
- EVE Online model of Large Artillery Battery structure is mostly transparent
- SparVoip crashes
- Unable to play Windows Media files
- Altium Designer Crash
- PAF 5 help viewer hits unhandled page fault while closing
- Some games fail to restore pre-launch gamma
- Flashlight is darker than it should be in Half-Life 2: Episode 2
- Black & White game does not respond to mouse clicks
- Vaz Modular 3.03 hangs on exit
- Wine dies when starting Sigma Photo Pro 3.0
- Soulbringer crashes after intro
- Heap corruption in crypt32 during Sandra benchmark?
- winrar add file dialog cannot get multi-select files correctly
- winrar crashes when I try to add a file with a long file name
- Can’t install Timeshift Demo
- Overlap of windows within Photoshop CS2
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007 installation failure
- Origin 8.0: License expires immediately without native msxml3
- Installer fails to register typelib
- WMP10 main window spurious window decorations
- iphplapi: iphplapi.ok test fails in PC-BSD but not Linux
- user32: menu.ok test fails in PC-BSD but not Linux
- kernel32: virtual test fails in PC-BSD but not Linux
- kernel32: toolhelp test fails in PC-BSD but not Linux
- UI elements in Picasa displayed incorrectly after minimize and restore
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9.0 Preferred crash on unimplemented gdiplus.dll.GdipCreateLineBrushFromRectWithAngleI
- Trackmania Nations Forever doesn’t work with PC2/3 shaders or with bloom effect
- Minimize/restore needs to send a WM_SYSCOMMAND message
- msi: source.ok fails in Opensolaris
- shell32: shlexec.ok fails in Opensolaris
- Age of Mythology: missing bilinear filtering
- MsiExec Runtime Error during install
- Joining certain servers crashes Counter Strike: Source
- Wrong textures being displayed at wrong places.
- Room Arranger 5.04 needs GdipDrawEllipseI
- Prince of Persia The Two Thrones: weird rendering bug – duplications on the sides
- MS Office 2003: Cannot install Service Pack
- can’t compile wine with Xcode 3.1 or iPhone SDK
- Opera 9.27 crashes at MSI install when you choose target location
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 fails to install
- Max Payne 2: GL_INVALID_OPERATION in texture_activate_dimensions
- Max Payne 2: bullet time screen filled with solid color
- MagicMaps crashes in 2D window when user session via nxclient
- HttpSendRequest() should fetch connection parameters instead of HttpOpenRequest(), especially Cookies.
- ElsterFormular 2007/2008: Data submission fails with “Errorcode 49152”
- Vertical text not rendered in schematic view of Altium DXP 2004
- MathCAD 2000 Pro 2D graph text label bug
- carto explorer 3 – crash
- Richedit’s EM_SETTEXTEX ignores ST_SELECTION
- Download does not initialize when using Blizzard Downloader.
- Ares does not connect to its network
- Can’t install MSDN – installer crashes
- Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon stops loading save games
- RegGetValue sometimes doesn’t work properly
- msysgit installer fails due to missing CreateHardLinkA stub
- Oblivion crashes in wine 1.1.1
- crypt32.CryptHashMessage needed for VS.NET 2005 (deployment project type creation)
- Star Wars Galaxies: USB joystick crashes application
- rks_trial game is drawn out of place in its window
- Regression – Cups printer not showing after upgrade to 1.1.2
- Office 2003 Pro installer page faults at end of install process
- Diablo II Installer from Blizzard account download doesn’t work.
- Microsoft Money 2007: Crash on program startup
- Mordor: the Depths of Dejenol installer crashes when running UNWIP.EXE
- Max Payne 2: Windows no longer transparent
- offcolor in-game text in Battlefield 1942
- intermittent crashes while playing bf1942
- distant objects not obscured by fog in bf1942
- Steam: uninstaller no longer launches from wine uninstaller
- Max Payne 2: PP effect performance (ORM=fbo)
- unimplemented function gdiplus.dll.GdipSetStringFormatTabStops
- AW broser crashes, starts fine with native wininet
- Sacred Underworld crashes when opening a lan game
- wined3d BltOverride – blits from non-pow2 surfaces cause issues without GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
- after full tilt poker upgrade, client crashes randomly
- Build breaks on “Solaris Express Community Edition” (SX:CE) (Solaris 11) at git + many warnings
- listview items does not appear selected
- Unable to run Drakensang demo
- Ddraw Realize Palette Regression
Office 2007 under Wine on Linux, click on the image for a larger version.
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|
|License type||Conditions (GNU/BSD/etc.)|