A new version of the TeamSpeak Server has appeared. TeamSpeak allows users to communicate with each other. The server software is available for Windows, macOS, Linux and FreeBSD, except for these operating systems the client is also for iOS and Android. TeamSpeak is especially popular among gamers, who can consult with teammates during online meetings. In this edition the following adjustments have been made:
- In light of the recent attacks that have been discovered, we took a closer look to make sure we have not missed anything and prevent some possible future attacks.We have enabled the use of Unicode emojis, we hope to see some creative use on your servers. This works in all places where the server deals with text, nicknames, channel names, chat etc.
- Query commands customset and customdelete for custom client properties, making them just so much more usable.
- The query co;mmands serverstop and serverprocessstop now have a new optional parameter to tell your users why it’s stopping. No more hardcoded message. serverstop sid = 123 reasonmsg = BeRightBack!
- Improved regex matching manager, now UTF-8 characters. Old style regex matching like * (& # 128520). * Was actually a bug and is not supported anymore. Sorry, you have to use the correct regex escape sequence, for the example above it would be. * ( UD83D uDE08). *
- The server does not report all slots filled when only slots are left.
- When using a privilege key the custom values of the user are not overwritten anymore.
- At some point we have apparently removed logging or file deletions. It’s back now.
- Successful server query logins were logged regardless of query logging settings, sorry about that spam.