SuperKaramba is a program for the KDE environment on the Linux platform that allows users to create interactive eye candy. You can use your own theme or text files in which a widget is described. Optionally, you can make your widget interactive with a script written in Python. XMMSBar, TuxBar and Station V are some examples of the possible ‘eye-candy’ that can be made. Version 0.37 has been available for a few days with the following changes:
- Unicode fixes due to systems defining Py_UNICODE_SIZE differently
- NetBSD fixes for sensors – Thanks to Mark Kirby
- Compile fixes for Solaris
- New look and feel.
- Use Get Hot New Stuff to download themes from kde-look.org.
- The ability to hide the systray icon.
- New SuperKaramba specific package format, skz files.
- New icon.
- The new Input box, to get keyboard input into your themes.
- Auto reloading of themes that change on disk.
- More KDE Integration.
- No more phantom tooltips when an image is deleted.
- Mimetypes for .theme files and .skz files.
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|