SuperKaramba is a program for the KDE environment on the Linux platform that allows users to create interactive eye candy. You can use your own theme or text files in which a widget is described. Optionally, you can make your widget interactive with a script written in Python. XMMS Bar† TuxBar and V . station are examples of the possible ‘eye candy’ that can be made. Since a few days, version 0.36 is available with the following changes:
Changes in 0.36:
- Removed all the compile warnings.
- Update superkaramba to check for Python2.4.
- Update so that automake up through version 1.9.x can generate configure/Makefile scripts.
- Convert from UCS4 to UCS2 if python uses 4 byte unicode chars.
- …and more optimization and bug fixes.
Changes in 0.35:
- Ryan (p0z3r), Petri, Ivica, and Sarah have done all the work on this release! Thanks!
- many new APIs
- new callbacks
- DCOP interface for superkaramba
- multiple super karambas / one systray support
- added Fahrenheit support
- fixed the “moving themes” problem
- fixed the “always on top” problem
- fixed bug in setMenuConfigOption(). Please see api.html for the new syntax.
- asynchronous image loading. setImagePath() should now work with networked/remote files.
- fixed bug in meterClicked()
- fixed bug in setRichTextWidth() and getRichTextSize()
- much more code cleanup, bug fixes, and internal documentation