Smartsoft released version 4.0 build 1235 of its ftp client SmartFTP earlier this week. SmartFTP is a very extensive ftp client. It includes support for secure connections via tls and ssl, server-to-server communication via fxp, error checking via xcrc, and various nat and upnp environments. The program is available in the flavors home, professional and ultimate. Since the previous entry in the Meuktracker, the following changes and improvements have been made:
Changes in version 4.0 build 1230:
- Using native Uri parser and builder now
- IE7+ is now required on Windows XP / Windows 2003. As of January 2012, IE6 is automatically updated by Windows Update.
Changes in version 4.0 build 1233:
- Fix: Bug with menu and Welcome browser
- Fix: Regression: Invalid Url
- Moved theme resources to separate files (Themes/)
Changes in version 4.0 build 1234:
- Fix: Regression: Missing sub menus
Changes in version 4.0 build 1235:
- Fix: Regression: Copy URL -> HTTP
- Fix: Regression: Favorites: Import from Plesk
- Workaround for IE7 UriBuilder bug
- Updated Scintilla
- Text Editor: Added syntax styling for R (.r), D (.d), PowerShell (.ps1) and jsp (.jsp).
- Text Editor: Added new Smart Highlight settings page.
The following downloads are available:
SmartFTP 4.0 build 1235 (32bit)
SmartFTP 4.0 build 1235 (64 bit)
Screenshot SmartFTP – click on the image for a larger version.
|Version number||4.0 build 1235|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2008|
14.70MB – 16.70MB