Version 4.1.1 of SciTE has been released. Scintilla Text Editor is an open source and cross-platform text editor. It uses the open source Scintilla Text Editor library, which is from the same creators. This library is also used by other programs, including Notepad ++ . Downloads are available for Windows and Linux, and a commercial version for macOS can be found in Apple’s app store. In addition, there is a stand-alone executable that can conveniently be taken on a USB stick. The following changes and improvements have been made in this publication:
- Optional indexing of line starts in UTF-8 documents by UTF-32 code points and UTF-16 code units added. This can improve performance for UTF-32 or UTF-16 interfaces that require UTF-32 or UTF-16 components.
- Lexers added for SAS and Stata. Feature # 1185.
- Shell folder folds “if”, “do”, and “case”. Feature # 1144.
- SciTE’s menu key feature implemented on Windows
- For SciTE on Windows, user defined strip lists are now scrollable. Cursor no longer flickers in edit and combo boxes. Focus in and out events for combo boxes
- Fix a leak in the bidirectional code on Win32
- Fix crash on Win32 when switching technology to default after setting bidirectional mode
- Fix margin cursor on Cocoa to point more accurately.
- Fix SciTE crash on GTK + when using director interface.