Sandboxie is a program that makes it possible to run programs under Windows in a protected environment. In this way, changes made by programs or web browsers are easy to undo, and there is no risk of affecting important parts of the operating system.
Sandboxie can be used on Windows 7, 8 and 10, and is now offered as open source, after Sophos no longer wanted to use it. Sandboxie is available in a classic and plus version. Internally they work the same, but the latter has a more modern Qt-built user interface. The changelog for this release can be found below.
- updated a few icons
- updated GitHub build action to use Qt 5.15.2
- improved the “full” tray icon to be more distinguishable from the “empty” one
- changed code integrity verification policies
— code signature is no longer required to change config, to protect presets use the existing “EditAdminOnly=y”
- fixed issue with systemless MSI mode introduced in the last build
- fixed MSI installer not being able to create the action server mechanism on Windows 11
- fixed MSI installer not working in systemless mode on Windows 11
- fixed Inno Setup script not being able to remove shell integration keys during Sandboxie Plus uninstall (by mpheath) #1037
|Version number||5.50.9 / 0.8.9|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|