The developers of RightMark Gathering have released a new version of their CPU Clock Utility with 1.4 as the version number. This program can display detailed information of the processor(s) present in the system. In addition, it is possible to influence the performance of a number of processors from Intel and AMD, but please note that this is done entirely at your own risk. The included changelog looks like this:
This release solves an issue with P-State Transitions management on mobile AMD Athlon XP CPUs (due to incorrect default Stop Grant Timeout setting).
New features in this version include:
- Changed P-state transitions scheme for AMD K8 in accordance with official AMD recommendations.
- Added more advanced configuration options for AMD K7 and K8 CPUs.
- Added support for dynamic on-demand CPU clock modulation (ODCM) management.
- Added CPU thermal throttling alert.
- Added optional forcing of the Minimal power management profile when running on batteries.
- Added support for running an HLT command when the system is idle (a workaround for Intel 855 chipset series).
- Added CPU core and revision ID display.
- Added preliminary support for Transmeta CPUs.
- Added automatic startup feature.
- Grouped management-related settings into a new tab.
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003|