Version 4.4 of Rainmeter is in development and an eighth test version has now been released. This program can display all kinds of useful, but also less meaningful information on the desktop in real time, such as free hard drive space, network activity and whether there is new e-mail. Functional applets can also be used to, for example, make notes or send tweets. The release notes since revision 3333 look like this:
- Fixed: Skin Group: Fixed a bug that broke how “deslecting” worked with groups of skins selected on the screen.
- Fixed: OnFocusAction: Fixed a bug where LeftMouseDownAction was not properly recognizing that focus was given to the skin.
- Fixed: String: Corrected an issue with StringAlign when a string is dynamically updated.
- Fixed: Rainmeter: Fixed a longstanding bug where the initial values of the skin position variables #CURRENTCONFIGX# and #CURRENTCONFIGY# could be incorrect.
- Changed: Bangs: Added Span to the list of available Position parameter values for the !SetWallpaper bang. This is only supported with Windows 10, and will cause the wallpaper to be spanned across multiple monitors.
- Fixed: Bangs: Corrected an issue with the !EditSkin bang that would not support config names of one-character.
- Changed: Bangs: Changed !EditSkin so it will now allow the “config” parameter alone, which will edit the skin .ini file currently running in the defined config folder.
|Version number||4.4 r3349 beta|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|