Version 4.4 of Rainmeter is under development and a third test version has now been released. With this program, all kinds of meaningful but also less meaningful information can be displayed on the desktop in real time, such as free space on the hard disk, network activity and whether there is new e-mail. Functional applets can also be used, for example, to take notes or to send tweets. The release notes for version 4.4 so far look like this
- Added: Default Settings: Added the ability to set default / starting values for the skin position and other options defined in the [ConfigName] sections in Rainmeter.ini. see Default Settings in the documentation for details.
- Fixed: Game mode: Corrected an issue when a skin was loaded just prior to Game mode being turned on.
- Fixed: About / Version: Additional correction to the determination of the local language.
- Added: Game mode: Added Game mode. This will allow you to minimize (really eliminate) all CPU, GPU, Disk and Network usage by Rainmeter while you are for instance playing a full-screen game.
Game mode does the following:
- Unloads all skins and dialogs
- Prevents activating any skins and dialogs
- Pauses any tray icon animations
Game mode is toggled from the Rainmeter notification area icon right-click context menu. When Game mode is toggled on, the Rainmeter notification area context menu will be reduced to “Game mode”, which will be checked, and “Exit”.
When Game mode is toggled back off, all previously running skins will be loaded.
If Rainmeter is restarted, Game mode will be inactive. This is not persistent in any way.
By design, this is a function that is entirely controlled by the “user” of Rainmeter, and cannot be activated with any bang or command by a skin “author”.
- Fixed: Container: Fixed an issue with using the “R” relative positioning modifier on the first content meter. The first content meter in a container is required to be relative to the container itself. So for example, the first content meter in a container with X / Y = 2R is invalid and will assume X / Y = 2r instead.
- Fixed : About / Version: Corrected an incorrect determination of the locale language in some cases.
|Version number||4.4 r3333 beta|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|