A new development version of Rainlendar has been released. With this program it is possible to display a calendar on the desktop. Rainlendar is available for Windows, Linux and OS X, and is completely customizable to make. For example, the language and appearance can be adjusted, an alarm can be set and a todo list can be maintained. Rainlendar is available in a free Lite and a paid Pro version. The latter, which costs about ten euros, offers the possibility to share the calendar with others and has support for synchronization with Outlook and Google Calendar. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
Install instructions for Windows:
- Fixes to the free day calendar layout.
- The manager could show current dates for recurring events before the actual start date.
- In advanced skin options it’s now possible to move only the default windows to the active list.
- Changed the network and tray tip delays to seconds in the settings.
- Failure to read events from Outlook did not always show an error message.
- Changed the way advanced options are handled so that translations won’t affect incorrect setting.
- Added “None”-method for Google alarms which disables the default Google Calendar alarms.
- Dragging tasks under different sections in the to do list did not update the item.
- Added option to show the empty days in the event list.
- The default alarm for Outlook events did not dismiss unless the calendar was refreshed.
- It’s not possible to use ‘;’-character in the calendar name since it is a separator when multiple calendars are used.
- The characters on event description were converted to utf-8 in Outlook events.
- Skin windows can be resized with the mouse.
- The EXDATE for events with time is stored as DATE-TIME instead just as DATE.
- Image scaling uses now nearest neighbor algorithm which doesn’t give as good results but is much faster. Use Options->Advanced->”Scaling quality” to change the quality.
- Fixed a crash bug in CalDAV when events were using time zones.
|2.13 build 139 beta
|Windows 7, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8
18.96MB – 26.81MB