Plex has released version 188.8.131.5237 of Plex Media Server. This version was previously available to holders of the paid PlexPass, but can now be downloaded by anyone. Plex Media Server is a media server for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, macOS and various NAS devices. The software can serve content to clients on the same machine, within the local network or over the Internet. Client software is available for the aforementioned operating systems, but content can also be viewed on iOS, Android, Google TV and Chromecast, for example. The program is free to use and also has PlexPass, a paid service that gives access to ‘premium features’ and earlier to new versions. The changelog since version 184.108.40.20602 looks like this:
Plex Media Server 220.127.116.1101 (beta update channel)
- (Collections) Show alternate poster and background options when editing collections created by the Plex Movie agent (#11968)
- (Subtitles) Plex Movie libraries now support an additional “sdh” or “cc” flag for SDH designation of sidecar subtitles (#11966)
- (DVR) Allow recording when partials are disabled if airing started less than 30 seconds ago. (#11916)
- (DVR) Guide refresh would sometimes not initiate (#12004).
- (DVR) dvb-c Hauppauge soloHD/dualHD tuners fail to scan channels (#11826)
- (EPG) DST time change would cause high CPU usage. (#10770)
- (Library) Plexignore rules in the directory root would not respect wildcard folder paths (#11955)
- (Scanner) Chapter and preview thumbnail jobs for movies would run for all items instead of only new ones if that preference was enabled (#11982)
- (Subtitles) Sidecar subtitles using language codes with a region subtag would return the language as Unknown (#11956)
Plex Media Server 18.104.22.16821 (beta update channel)
- (Player) Remote control of another player did not work.
Plex Media Server 22.214.171.12430 (beta update channel)
- (HTTPS) Certain network errors or service outages could result in the server entering a broken state from which it would not automatically recover (#12037)
- (Library) Custom search parameters in Fix Match for Plex Movie and Music libraries were not being respected.
Plex Media Server 126.96.36.19937 (beta update channel)
- (LiveTV) LiveTV hubs could go missing from the home screen
Plex Media Server 188.8.131.5237 is now available to everyone.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|