Customizable auto insertion or short tags
PhpStorm 2019.3 introduced the ability to automatically insert
But because short tags are still a part of PHP, this turned out to be a bit excessive. That’s why in this version, we’ve brought several enhancements to the feature.
First, you can now opt out completely. In the PhpStorm preferences, go to Editor | General | Smart Keys | PHP and clear the Auto-insert ‘
Second, PhpStorm will filter out the extra php if you happen to type it reflexively, so
Customizable highlighting for PHPDoc blocks
Another feature that required a more tailored approach is colored highlighting for PHPDoc blocks, which we introduced in 2019.3.
It turns out that change was a bit too radical for some, so now it’s possible to customize the colors used. In the PhpStorm preferences, go to Editor | Color Scheme | PHP | PHPDoc, clear the Inherit values from checkbox on the elements you’d like to customize, and then set the desired colors:
As always, there’s a handy shortcut you can use to jump straight to the corresponding settings page. Place the caret on some PHPDoc element, press Shift+Cmd+A (Ctrl+Shift+A on WIndows), and search for the Jump to Colors and Fonts action:
Notable updates and bug fixes:
- PHP Profiler: Show memory column for Xdebug > 2.6 (WI-40687 +5)
- Fixed: Incorrect
const order in PHP class when formatting code (WI-49902 +3)
- Fixed: Format Code incorrectly changes list to array destructure (WI-49966 +12)
- Fixed: Scrolling very slow/sluggish in database table view/editor with many columns (DBE-9604 +10)
- Fixed: Add property type modifies parent class in library (WI-49957 +4)
- Fixed: Focus lost after closing tool window if editor tabs are split (IDEA-227102 +4)
For the full list of bug fixes and improvements in the update, please see the release notes.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 10|