PassMark Software has released an update to version 8.0 of BurnInTest. This program puts the various parts of the computer to work in order to test the reliability and stability of the system. The software is available in a standard version and a professional edition, with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions available for download. The professional edition offers additional testing capabilities for tape drives and parallel, serial and USB ports. In addition, the memory tests in the Pro version are more extensive. More information about the differences between them is here to find. Since build 1000, the following changes and improvements have been made:
Version 8.0 build 1006
- Some additional system information added for Intel Broadwell CPUs and the next generation of Intel Xeon Processor Family based on Haswell.
- Corrected a bug where a scripted test that turns on Automatic temperature monitoring, may not turn on temperature monitoring.
- Added a new option for the disk test (command line parameter “-ADR”) to also automatically select removable disk volumes (and not just automatically select fixed disk volumes).
- Added a new command line parameter -HX, that will set the screen resolution to 1024x768x32 and exit immediately.
- The “Activity event” has been renamed to “Summary results written to log file” to be more meaningful.
- The memory test now leaves a little more memory headroom if the disk test is running.
- Minor changes to help.
Version 8.0 build 1005
- Corrected a possible crash on exiting BurnInTest if the GPGPU test had been run.
- Corrected a possible crash with level 2 trace file logging of the event logs, where the Windows system or application event log is very large.
- A possible scenario where Intel CPU temperatures were sometimes not collected has been corrected.
- Minor debug logging changes.
Version 8.0 build 1004
- A new Pre-test option has been added, Detect hardware and turn off tests. When selected BurnInTest will detect current hardware and if the hardware is not found on the system then the test is turned off (see help).
- A new option to automatically select all physical disks under WinPE has been added, “-PHYSDISK”. Note: this test will destroy all data on all of the disks.
- Temperature monitoring is now turned on by default.
- Corrected a memory leak that occurred when the System information Window was updated (resized or scrolled).
- If the system has run out of memory, and the disk test is unable to create a test data buffer, the disk test is now stopped.
- Fixed a bug where (1) BurnInTest did not exit properly when the Disk self test was run and (2) the GPGPU test did not work when run with the disk self test.
- Fixed a bug where BurnInTest could crash on creating a 2nd Customer Certificate log file.
- Fixed a bug where BurnInTest could crash on the GPGPU test encountering an error such as out of memory.
- Fixed a bug where BurnInTest could crash on start-up when collecting memory SPD data.
- Fixed a bug where BurnInTest could crash on exiting.
- Fixed a bug where if there were no optical drives on the system, then an error was displayed in Preferences when Auto select optical drives was selected.
- When a larger number of tests are run, the memory test will now leave a little more memory headroom.
- An error is now displayed on starting a non-scripted test if the Plugin test is selected but no Plugin files are specified.
- Added a check for AMD powerexpress when searching for video cards to try and correctly detect AMD graphics cards in laptops with a dual setup with an Intel onboard card.
- Added System information for AMD R5 M230, R5 M255, R7 M260, R7 M265, R9 M275X, R9 M265X, R9 M270X and R9 M290.
- The “Check updates” option in the PC Test kit build now includes information specific to updating the PC Test Kit.
- Minor debug logging changes.
- Minor changes to help.
Version 8.0 build 1003
- When BurnInTest is run in preferences editor mode, all relevant test modes are now shown for physical disks.
- Added DVD burn error message text (not just the error code).
- Changes to only flush duplicate events if configured to summarize duplicates.
- Increased 3D test debug logging.
- Correction for reported BurnInTest crash on exit.
- Additional debugging for the Video Playback test.
- Minor updates to help.
Version 8.0 build 1001
- It was possible that the Webcam test could fail on the first test, this has been corrected.
- Corrected the Disk serial number in reports (was shown as NA).
- It was possible that Intel GPU temperature sources were incorrectly reported, although they are not supported. Intel GPU temperatures are now not reported.
- If the Temperature preferences are not changed and “Cancel” is selected, the current temperature sensor data is now retained (not reset).
- AMD Radeon R9 295X2 and R7 260 video cards have been added to System Information.
- System Information Memory SPD improvements:
- Added support for Haswell-E SMBus (for DDR4)
- Added support for nForce MCP79 secondary SMBus
- Added DDR4 SPD decoding
- Fixed SPD decoding of manufacture information
- Added DDR3 module type specific decoding
- The price for BurnInTest Standard has been corrected.
- Improvements to help.
The following downloads are available:
PassMark BurnInTest 8.0 build 1006 – Standard (32bit)
PassMark BurnInTest 8.0 build 1006 – Standard (64bit)
PassMark BurnInTest 8.0 build 1006 – Professional (32bit)
PassMark BurnInTest 8.0 build 1006 – Professional (64bit)
|Version number||8.0 build 1006|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Vista, Windows 8|
9.46MB – 12.79MB