PassMark Software has released an update to version 7.1 of BurnInTest. This program puts the various parts of the computer to work in order to test the reliability and stability of the system. The software is available in a standard version and a professional edition, with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions available for download. The professional edition offers additional testing capabilities, including for tape drives and parallel, serial and USB ports. In addition, the memory tests in the Pro version are more extensive. More information about the differences between them is here to find. Since the previous entry in the Meuktracker, the following changes and improvements have been made:
Changes in version 7.1 build 1009:
- Updated CPU system information for newer CPUs (including: Cloverview, Richland, Kabini, Temash, Delhi, Seoul, Abu Dhabi, Kyoto) as well as updated CPU models. Includes temperature monitoring for AMD Kabini (Family 16h) based CPUs, some newer Atom CPUs and some newer Ivy Bridge CPUs.
- Updated the Disk drive serial number and volumes information, as this may have been shown as “N/A” when it was available.
- The results “Last error description” column is now resized to fill any empty screen space when the BurnInTest Window is resized.
- Corrected crash on start-up (for incorrectly populated SMBIOS).
- Added system time zone information to activity trace logs..
Changes in version 7.1 build 1008:
- BurnInTest Management Console functionality added. Use of the Management Console requires the Web server application to be separately obtained from PassMark Software and installed on a Web server.
- Battery capacity plugin has a new ?/fc? flag that can be used to change the comparison to use ?full charged capacity? instead of ?current charge capacity?.
- Fixed a disk test scripting issue where the disk volume may not have been set correctly.
- Fixed an issue reporting transcend SSDs model and serial number information.
- Updated video card system information.
- For consistency of logging the disk test block number, the logged block numbers during read/verify now start at 1 (as per the logging for writing blocks).
- Corrected a bug where very long reporting fields (machine type, serial number, notes, customer name and technician name) could be truncated shorter than they should have been.
- BurnInTest no longer supports test configuration files prior to BurnInTest V5.3.
The following downloads are available:
PassMark BurnInTest 7.1 build 1009 – Standard (32bit)
PassMark BurnInTest 7.1 build 1009 – Standard (64bit)
PassMark BurnInTest 7.1 build 1009 – Professional (32bit)
PassMark BurnInTest 7.1 build 1009 – Professional (64bit)
|Version number||7.1 build 1009|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8|
7.36MB – 9.23MB