Parted Magic has been updated to version 4.10. Parted Magic is a Linux distribution specifically for partitioning hard drives. In addition to GParted and Parted, it includes a number of useful tools, including Partition Image, TestDisk, TrueCrypt, G4L, SuperGrubDisk, and ddrescue. The software is released under the gpl license and is available in different versions. For example, there is a live CD, a pxeversion and a version that can be used from a USB stick. Parted Magic can handle ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs. The release notes for version 4.10 can be found below.
- GParted doesn’t reload partition table before format
- non-english characters with FAT32
- GPicView is segfaulting in 4.9
- Live CD 4.9 fails to boot from SCSI
- Chromium aborts when bookmarking a page