Version 6.6 of Notepad++ has been released. This comprehensive text editor has various features that are especially useful for programmers, such as syntax highlighting for C, C++, Java, html, XML and php, among others. The program also offers the possibility to edit more than one document at the same time or even to maintain one document in two different places. If you want to use the latest version, you will have to pick it up yourself. Notepad++’s built-in updater only offers updates a week after their appearance in order to be able to fix any serious bugs. The major changes and improvements made in this release can be found below.
Notepad++ v6.6 new features and bug fixes:
- Add session snapshot and periodic backup feature.
- Fix RTL/LTR command making mirrored text bug.
- Make auto-detect character encoding optional.
- Apply DPI-aware on find & replace dialog tab and User define language dialog tab.
- Add shell script parser for the function list.
- Make backslash as an escape character optional in SQL.
- DSpellCheck v1.2.12
- NppFTP 0.24.1
- NppExport v0.2.8
- Plugin Manager 1.0.8
- Converter 3.0
- MimeTool 1.9
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8|