The MySQL development team has released a new unstable release of the MySQL 3.23 beta. Here is the overview of the bug fixes and new features, coming from the change history†
E.1.1 Changes in release 3.23.26
- Fixed to work properly with NULL.
- Fixed problem with SUBSRING_INDEX() and REPLACE(). (Patch by Alexander Igonitchev)
- Fix CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS not to give an error if the table exists.
- If you don’t create a PRIMARY KEY in a BDB table, a hidden PRIMARY KEY will be created.
- Added read-only-key optimization to BDB tables.
- LEFT JOIN in some cases preferred a full table scan when there was no WHERE clause.
- When using –log-slow-queries, don’t count the time waiting for a lock.
- Fixed bug in lock code on windows which could cause the key cache to report that the key file was crashed even if it was okay.
- Automatic repair of MyISAM tables if you start mysqld with –myisam-recover.
- Removed the TYPE= keyword from CHECK and REPAIR. Allow CHECK options to be combined. (You can still use TYPE= but this usage is deprecated).
- Fixed mutex bug in the binary replication log – long update queries could be read only in part by the slave if it did it at the wrong time, which was not fatal, but resulted in a performance-degrading reconnect and a scary message in the error log.
- Changed the format of the binary log – added magic number, server version, binlog version. Added server id and query error code for each query event.
- Replication thread from the slave now will kill all the stale threads from the same server.
- Long replication user names were not being handled properly.
- Added –replicate-rewrite-db option to mysqld.
- Added –skip-slave-start option to mysqld.
- Updates that generated an error code (such as INSERT INTO foo(some_key) values (1),(1)) erroneously terminated the slave thread.
- Added optimization of queries where DISTINCT is only used on columns from some of the tables.
- Allow floating point numbers where there is no sign after the exponent (like 1e1).
- SHOW GRANTS didn’t always show all column grants.
- Added –default-extra-file=# to all MySQL clients.
- Columns referenced in INSERT statements now are initialized properly.
- UPDATE didn’t always work when used with a range on a timestamp that was part of the key that was used to find rows.
- Fixed bug in FULLTEXT index when inserting a NULL column.
- Changed to use mkstemp() instead of tempnam().
[break] The download locations of the source code and OS-specific binaries can be found at this page† [/break]
|Version number||3.23.26 beta|
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Linux|