Xentax has updated MultiEx Commander to version 4.2.0. With this program, so-called Game Resource Archives easily viewed, modified and saved. Notable examples include Quake pak files and Command & Conquer: Generals big files. At the moment more than 400 games are supported by MultiEx Commander, a complete list is at this page to find. The program is released as freeware, but some features, such as file editing, are only accessible to contributors. The changelog of this release looks like this:
- Over 250 new game formats supported! A massive update (see below)!
- Over 300 game formats supported for editing!
- View any pictures in full preview mode!
- Convert pictures to many graphics formats!
Most functional changes:
- MRF manager added! Manage your own scripts! Create, Add, Delete all optional!
- Fixed bugs in multiplex.dll
- Fixed a bug that will improve import performance
- Added Rahly Plugin Manager and TestPlugin
- New type of plugins!
- Added Recreation process or MultiEx script
- get an overview of BMS script functionality!
- Removed ID tool code, the file ID-ing was off
- MRF files (type 2) now also include a date per BMS file inserted
- Added View Detected Plugins dialog showing which plugins are available and what they do
- Added archive Table Of Contents creation for offline review (Tab-delimited text file)
- The updated manual is now in PDF format.
- Advanced features need registration by donation!
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|