Mozilla has released version 2.25 of SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite and consists of a web browser and programs for e-mailing and reading news. A simple HTML editor is also provided. Unlike the Mozilla Application Suite, SeaMonkey is maintained by the community, while the SeaMonkey Council oversees maintenance. The list of changes for this release is as follows:
SeaMonkey specific changes
- Newsgroup names can now be entered using autocompletion.
- see the changes page for a more complete overview.
Mozilla platform changes
- The Gamepad API has been finalized and enabled (learn more).
- VP9 video decoding has been implemented.
- Support for Opus in WebM was added.
- Volume control for HTML5 audio/video has been added.
- Mac OS X Notification Center support has been added for web notifications.
- Support for spdy/2 has been removed.
- Support for multi-line flexbox in layout has been added.
- Support for the MathML 2.0 mathvariant attribute has been added.
- Background thread hang reporting has been added.
- has been implemented and enabled.
- Fixed several stability issues.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8|
25.20MB – 49.60MB