Moritz Bunkus has released version 42 of MKVToolNix. With this open source program, matroska files can be viewed, edited and converted. For example, sound tracks and subtitles can be added, removed or set as default. MKVToolNix is a collection of separate command line tools, but a graphical user interface is also included. Downloads are available for Windows, various Linux distributions, and macOS. The changelog for this release looks like this:
New features and enhancements
- mkvmerge: added an option for creating byte-identical files:
. Part of the implementation of #2698.
- mkvmerge: Matroska reader: mkvmerge will remove the icpf atom headers if
they’re present in frames read from Matroska files. implementations #2692.
- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: ALAC tracks: the number of channels, sampling
frequency and bit depth are now taken from the bitstream in order to fix
bogus values on the container level. implementations #2714.
- mkvpropedit: when changing track UIDs the referring elements in existing
chapters & tags will be updated automatically, too. Part of the
implementation of #2700.
- mkvinfo: when the option -p/–hex-positions is used, element positions
will be output regardless of the verbosity level. Part of the implementation
- mkvinfo: added the option -P/–positions for showing the position of
each element in decimal regardless of the verbosity level used. Part of the
implementation of #2713.
- mkvinfo: added the option -o/–continue for continuing processing when
the first cluster is encountered regardless of the verbosity level
used. Part of the implementation of #2713.
- mkvinfo: added the option -a/–all for outputting all sub-elements (even
cues & seek head entries) and not stopping at the first cluster regardless
of the verbosity level used. Part of the implementation of #2713.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added an option in the preferences for
disabling adding cover images from Blu-ray discs. implementations #2693.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added mkvmerge’s new –deterministic option
in the “additional command-line options” dialog. Part of the implementation
- MKVToolNix GUI: header editor:: when changing track UIDs the referring
elements in existing chapters & tags will be updated automatically,
too. Part of the implementation of #2700.
- mkvmerge: HEVC ES parser: fixed a bug in the slice parser calculating the
size of a field which in turn could have led to the slice’s type being read
wrong. Patch by Torsten Hauska. Fixes #2710.
- mkvmerge: Matroska reader: fixed a segmentation fault when trying to read a
file that uses header removal compression but no removed bytes are present
in the track headers. Fixes #2687.
- mkvmerge: MPEG elementary stream parser: fixed an invalid memory access and
use of uninitialized memory that could happen under certain
circumstances. Fixes #2690.
- mkvmerge: RealMedia reader: fixed a division by zero when all audio
time stamps were zero. Fixes #2689.
- mkvmerge: RealMedia reader: fixed an invalid memory access in the video
frame assembly code triggered by invalid data in the file. Fixes #2691.
Build system changes
- std::optional (C++17 feature) is now used instead of boost::optional.
- std::regex is now used instead of boost::regex.
- New man page translations into French, Italian, Russian and Chinese
Traditional have been added.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|