Microsoft has released a third update for version 16.8 of Visual Studio 2019. This popular programming development environment has useful options to make programming easier in Visual C++, Visual Basic, C#, F#, Python and R, among others. The complete list of the changes in the 2019 edition can be found in the accompanying release notes. Version 16.8 adds support for .NET 5.0, among other things. In version 16.8.2, Microsoft has made the following improvements:
Issues Addressed in Visual Studio 2019 version 16.8.3:
- Fixed an internal compiler error when a nested function template is defined outside of the parent class.
- Fixed incorrect error C2355 when ‘this’ is used in the initializer of a non-static data member.
- Ruleset loading error has been fixed for custom ruleset using /analyze:ruleset option with /analyze:rulesetdirectory and/or /analyze:projectdirectory option.
- Fix for an intermittent crash in Visual Studio while using WinForms .NET Core designer.
- .NET 5.0.1 insertion into Visual Studio v16.8.3
- Fixed an issue where some of the UI context activated tool windows can cause Visual Studio to crash.
- Fixed Push from Manage Branches page when there is no Git remote tracking branch.
- Added Xcode 12.2 support.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019|