Microsoft has released version 16.1.0 of Visual Studio 2019. This popular programming development environment has useful options to make programming easier in Visual C++, Visual Basic, C#, F#, Python and R, among others. The complete list of the changes in the 2019 edition can be found in the accompanying release notes. The most important changes and improvements made in version 16.1 are listed below.
- We have added Per-Monitor Awareness support.
- New code fixes are available for C#.
- Most Recently Used has been added to Visual Studio Search.
- Source Link authentication improvements have been implemented.
- We have added nuget.org symbol server to the list of default symbol servers.
- Time Travel Debugging preview now includes exception stepping support.
- We have removed the need for .resx file in VSIX projects (BuildTools update).
- VSIX Project template now uses the new SDK version.
- You can now experience optimizations to improve the solution load time of very large solutions.
- Template authors can add custom tags to their templates.
- There is now CodeLens support for custom UI.
- We have provided updates to Language Server Protocol implementation.
- We have updated behavior for switching between solutions, folders, and other views.
- In-editor documentation for CMake has been added.
- use Windows Subsystem for Linux with C++ natively in Visual Studio, and AddressSanitizer for Linux projects and WSL.
- We have made improvements and modified colorization in C++ Quick Info tooltips.
- We have implemented new C++ Code Analysis quick fixes.
- We have released more performance improvements and a bulk of bug fixes for F# and F# tooling.
- New .NET productivity features include one-click code cleanup on projects and solutions, a new toggle block comment keyboard shortcut, refactoring to move types to other namespaces.
- You can now clone code from an SSH URI through the clone screen in the start window.
- .NET Productivity additions in this release include intellisense completion for unimported types, toggling single-line comment/uncomment, exporting naming styles to editorconfig, and a new code style setting for preferring usings inside/outside namspaces.
- We have implemented .NET SDK tooling additions primarily around supporting WinForms and WPF projects for .NET Core 3.0 along with bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Visual Studio SDK v16.0 has been released to NuGet.
- A preview of the XAML Designer for .NET Core 3.0 WPF development is available.
- Default Android Experience for Xamarin now supports API 28.
- Xamarin.Forms XAML recommendations for design time attributes.
Top Issues Fixed in Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1
- Cannot navigate to the symbol under the caret in ASP.NET MVC Projects.
- Resx editor doesn’t render.
- Find All References minimises when using arrow keys.
- Could not copy the file “obj\x64\Debug\Management.exe” because it was not found.
- Xamarin.iOS cannot find the application manifest. Please ensure the project contains a manifest file named ‘Info.plist”.
- nmake environment missing path to NETFX tools.
- Clicking on a ASP.NET Core project in solution opening the project .csproj file.
- [MSConnect 3142311] Visual Studio IDE 提示 E1449，但是代码能正常编译运行，结果也对 -> Visual Studio IDE prompt E1449, but the code can compile and run normally, and the result is also correct.
- Assembly reference is removed from project after running app referencing library.
- When updating Visual Studio 2019 from RC to GA, RC shortcuts for Visual Studio are left behind.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|