In July 2017, version 1.7.13 of Media Player Classic – Home Cinema was released and the developers indicated that they no more new versions would bring out. However, the source code is open source, and a developer known as clsid to the website Doom9 and a long-time member of mpc-hc now releases new, unofficial versions from time to time. These only contain minor improvements and the latest version of the LAV Filters and MediaInfo is always included. The changelog for version 1.8.7 can be found below.
Changelog 1.8.6 to 1.8.7:
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.74.1-20-gc76c1
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to v19.04
- Added option for looping folder when playing next/previous file
- Added option for specifying the preferred video format when selecting a stream from Youtube-DL results
- A few other minor changes
- Global Media Keys option is now disabled by default on Windows 10, because Windows sends a Play/Pause event in certain cases (eg when notifications appear).
- Fix: DVD region code bypass didn’t always work
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10|