Malwarebytes released version 1.38 of Anti-Malware on Wednesday. This program is the successor to RogueRemover. It can be compared to Lavasoft’s Ad-Aware; however, it does not focus on fighting spyware and adware, but on removing malicious software that pretends to be a bona fide antivirus or antispyware solution, but actually has less good intentions. As with Ad-Aware, there is a paid variant that offers additional functionality, including real-time protection. The changelog of this release shows the following changes:
- Some proxy support, please see /proxy command line parameter.
- New command line parameters: /logtofolder, /logtofile (see help file).
- Minor issue with updating.
- Certain types of freezing during full and quick scans.
- Problem with Estonian language and installer.
- Certain folders showing up as files in results list.
- Scan time improperly displayed if Abort Scan clicked after Pause Scan.
- Error during loading log files after database update.
- Issues with freezing in protection mode. Certain conflicts with anti-virus software.
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|