Paramount Software has released an update to Macrium Reflect. This program can create a disk image of a partition or hard disk. In addition to the free version, there are also paid performances those different extras such as being able to do a file backup or an incremental backup, encryption, and restoring a backup to different hardware than it was created on.
From version 7.1 the free version may now also be used in commercial environments. There is also Image Guardian, which protects backup files from unauthorized modifications, improvements have been made to virtual images, and several bugs have been fixed. The following changes and improvements have also been made in this release:
Bug fixes and Improvements:
- Legacy MBR Systems
- For MBR Windows 10 systems the ‘Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows’ now includes the Windows Recovery partition.
- MBR systems using BitLocker for the Windows volume would require running ‘Fix Windows boot problems’ after a ‘live’ BitLocker restore. This has been resolved.
- The Windows 10 2004 (May) update caused legacy MBR systems to be detected as UEFI. This has been resolved.
- File and Folder ‘Folders to exclude’ now permits trailing backslashes.
- Rescue Media Builder
- RMBuilder now prevents the boot menu being set for PE 3.1 on UEFI booting systems. PE 3.1 is legacy MBR only.
- RMBuilder would incorrectly report that not enough free space was available when using 1GB flash media. This has been resolved.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|