After the beta release, the release candidate of Kodi version 14.2 has now been released. Kodi is the new name for XBMC Media Center and this cross platform media center software is developed for Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, AppleTV and the Raspberry Pi.
Version 14.0, codenamed Helix, contains no major changes other than the new name, but is referred to by the developers as a stability release. There is, however, a newer version of ffmpeg, which now also makes it possible to play h265 files. Version 14.2 fixes several issues, including the stability issues that plagued Windows users in versions 14.0 and 14.1.
Kodi 14.2 Helix – Release Candidate
We are proud to announce the first beta of Kodi 14.2 in which we further try to improve stability. As you may all know by now, we have a new name, a new logo, and a wide variety of new features, but underneath the new coat of paint remains the same software we all love. 14.2 beta 1 is the second of the small bugfix releases in the Helix range. As we have mentioned in our Kodi 14.0 release announcement, we will be releasing these to squash down any issues left after the first final release. Below you will find a list of fixes so far. In the Kodi 14.1 release announcement you can find the sum up of previous fixes done in the Helix range.
Fixes so far
- Fix: Application stopped responding on Windows
- Fix: Gap-less playback on MP3
- Fix: Playback or rtmp protocol
- Fix: Scanning of newly added episodes
- Fix: Fix multipath source scanning
- Fix: Loading external subtitles in some cases
- Fix: Packaging of PIL module on Android. This fixes some script error when using weather add-on
- Fix: Fix video playback on all platform after refresh rate change
- Fix: Various bugs that were present in PVR add-ons.
- Fix: Save weather location
- Fix: Fix filtering or foreign add-ons
- Fix: ftps handling
- Fix: use LastWrite instead of ChangeTime for file system on Windows
- Feature: Bump OSX SDK to 10.10
- Finally, the bug that haunted us in the 14.0 and 14.1 release has been solved. Windows should be stable again and perform as it should.
|Version number||14.2 rc 1|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, Linux, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8|