Jordan Russell Software has released a new beta release of Inno Setup. This program makes it easy to create installation packages for Windows. The program provides the ability to add information to the registry and ini files, create shortcuts and compress the installation files. Furthermore, an uninstaller can of course also be added and several languages can be selected during installation. Below you can find what has changed since the previous entry in the Meuktracker:
Changes in version 5.3.4:
- On Windows 7 the Compiler IDE now displays a progress indicator on its taskbar button.
- Pascal Scripting: Documented function IDispatchInvoke, which can be used to access a COM Automation property or method whose name is a reserved word.
- Unicode Inno Setup fixes:
- [Registry] section entries with ValueType set to binary did not set the correct value.
- Pascal scripting: setting a COM Automation property or method parameter to a Unicode string variable caused an ‘Invalid Type’ error.
Changes in version 5.3.3:
- [Setup] section directives VersionInfoProductVersion now sets the binary product version value instead of the textual product version value.
- Added new [Setup] section directive: VersionInfoProductTextVersion, which sets the textual product version value. Its default value is VersionInfoProductVersion if set, else VersionInfoVersion.
- [Setup] section directives DisableDirPage and DisableProgramGroupPage can now be set to auto. If they are, at startup Setup will look in the registry to see if the same application is already installed, and if so, it will hide the pages automatically.
- Pascal Scripting changes:
- WizardForm.PrevAppDir is now available and returns the directory of the previous installation. Returns an empty string if there’s no previous installation or if UsePreviousAppDir is set to no or if Uninstallable was previously set to no.
- While running any PrepareToInstall event function Setup now displays the Preparing to Install wizard page instead of the Ready to Install page and disables itself.
- Added the Windows 7 “compatibility” section to the various manifest resources used by Inno Setup.
- Documentation improvements.
|Version number||5.3.4 beta|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008|
|Website||Jordan Russell Software|
|License type||Conditions (GNU/BSD/etc.)|