Gpg4win aims to make easy installation of GnuPG and related tools on the Windows platform. For more information, we refer you to this page. The developers recently released version 2.0.0 with the following announcement on the mailing list:
Gpg4win 2.0.0 released
we are pleased to announce the availability of a new stable Gpg4win release: Version 2.0.0. This is the first production release of the major redesign. Over the last 15 months we did 16 beta releases and hopefully squashed most of the serious bugs. The download is available via the usual download page: http://www.gpg4win.org/download.html
Gpg4win2 has major changes compared to Gpg4win 1.x. Below is a list of the most important ones:
- Kleopatra is the new certificate manager. Kleopatra is the S/MIME certificate manager of KDE (a desktop environment used on many GNU/Linux systems). For use in Gpg4win it has been extended to support OpenPGP and to act as a graphical user interface for all cryptographic operations. It is automatically started if another component requests its services and then runs permanently in your system tray. WinPT has been dropped.
- GpgEX is the new plugin for the Microsoft Explorer and replaces GpgEE.
- The mail program Claws Mail has been updated to a modern version. It now supports SSL, NNTP and IMAP.
- GpgOL, the plugin for Outlook 2003 and 2007 has been comprehensively updated. It now supports PGP/MIME and thus makes the use of encrypted or signed attachments much easier and standard conform. Support for S/MIME has been added. Most dialogs are now provided by Kleopatra for graphical user dialogs.
- The German “Gpg4win-Kompendium” is the new documentation for Gpg4win. This combines the previous “Einsteiger” and “Durchblicker” manuals. All chapters were reworked and extended to describe the new Gpg4win Version 2.0. Among other things, this means adaption to Kleopatra, GpgEX and PGP/MIME and new texts for S/MIME and X.509.
- Support of these platforms:
Operating System: Windows 2000, XP (32/64), Vista (32/64)
Outlook: 2003, 2007
- Included components are:
Kleopatra: 2.0.11-svn1008232 (20090807)
Claws Mail: 3.7.2
|Operating systems||Windows XP, Windows Vista|
|License type||Conditions (GNU/BSD/etc.)|