Version 5.3.9 of FrostWire has been released. FrostWire is a file sharing program written in Java for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android. Since version 5, it is no longer possible to download via the Gnutella network, but only via BitTorrent. The program came about when Limewire, after which this program is modeled, considered adding code in 2005 that would allow copyrighted material to be banned. The Windows installation comes with an Ask toolbar; so pay attention to what is checked when installing. Since version 5.3.7, the following changes have been made:
Changes in FrostWire 5.3.9:
- BEP 34 compliant. FrostWire now checks DNS TXT records for tracker config.
- Soundcloud integration (Search, Streaming and Downloads).
- Fixes issue with partial download title window not showing the name of the torrent correctly.
- UI Improvement: Action hints on top of search results to stream or download or see the contents of the torrent.
- UI Improvement: Action hint on top of playable contents in the library.
- UI Improvement: Search result Source now includes the name of the author if available.
- UI Improvement: Search keywords are bolded in the titles of search results.
- UI Improvement: Creation date for non-torrent search results available.
- UI Improvement: File size of non-torrent search results available.
- UI Improvement: Opening ‘Configure Options’ on the Library takes user to the Library Settings pane.
- UI Improvement: Right clicking on the title of a search tab now shows the only action available (Repeat Search) directly.
- UI Improvement: A FrostWire update can now be invoked from the ‘Tools’ menu.
- UI Improvement: New Notification update button will be available on the Window header to let the user know visually that there’s a FrostWire update available.
- UI Improvement: Added ‘Cleanup Playlist’ right click menu item in playlists.
- UX Improvement: When saving a newly created .torrent, FrostWire will make sure the file is saved with the .torrent extension.
- Fixes issue with file names downloaded from FrostWire for Android.
- Fixes issue adding new radio stations to the library.
- Fix MP3 ID3 tags unicode parsing.
Changes in FrostWire 5.3.8:
- Sends MP4 files (videos) to iTunes.
- Better language auto-detection on configuration wizard.
- Fixes Drag and Drop issue with iTunes >= 10.6.3.
- Fixes issues with Monova search.
FrostWire 5.3.8 screenshot, click on the image for a larger version.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Android, Windows 2000, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008|