FrostWire has been updated to version 4.20.6. FrostWire is a Java-written file sharing program for Gnutella and Bittorrent networks, and is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It came about when Limewire, after which this program is modeled, in 2005 considered adding code that would allow copyrighted material to be banned. The installer comes with an Ask toolbar; so pay attention to what is checked when installing. In this release, the Azureus engine has been updated to version 22.214.171.124, but more has changed since the previous entry in the Meuktracker:
Version 4.20.6 “Torrent Joint”
- Upgrades Azureus Core to version 126.96.36.199
Version 4.20.5 “Torrent Joint”
- Fixes audio player issues. Now all MP3s should support skipping and gain control.
- Fixes bug on status bar speed meter. Now BitTorrent uploads speeds are added up and shown correctly in it.
- Fixes High CPU usage bug while loading hostiles ip list.
- Fixes a bug on MacOSX on which FrostWire would only start downloading a .torrent only if FrostWire was already running.
- The FrostWire windows installer will now clean FrostWire Desktop shortcuts if uninstalled.
Version 4.20.4 “Torrent Joint”
- Fixes connectivity issues for Mac version.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 2000, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008|