Fortnite is a ‘co-op survival sandbox game’ from development studio Epic Games. The graphic style is cartoony and is reminiscent of the style of games such as Team Fortress. That automatically puts the emphasis on gaming fun. There are two modes in the game: the story-driven ‘Save the World’ mode, which is currently paid, and the free ‘Battle Royale’ mode, in which you compete against other players. The game can be played on Windows, macOS, the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. For more information we refer to our concise review . The developers have released Fortnite 4.2.0, with the following announcement:
v4.2 Patch Notes
Patch v4.2 introduces a new foraged item … Apples! Find this nutritious treat around trees scattered throughout the map. When you’re done snacking, hunt for the new Epic and Legendary rarity Burst Assault Rifle. It can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines. Do you prefer it over our other Epic and Legendary assault rifles? Let us know on social!
Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifle
The Burst Assault Rifle you’ve been asking for … it’s Epic … it’s Legendary.
Perk Recombobulator (Save the World )
It’s time to recombobulate! Choose […]
- Standard gamepad configuration has been modified. Quad Launcher renamed from ‘Standard’ to ‘Old School’.
- Slightly increased the texture streaming pool on Xbox One way to help prevent blurry textures from occurring.
- Changed the button mapping for PS4 controllers Share button to open chat.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be hidden on the loading screen for Windows + Mac players
- Fixed various causes of rubberbanding when toggling sprint and weapon targeting, which was caused by bugs within those abilities.
- Fixed text labels are inconsistent on all controller layout screens.
- Battle Royale Weapons + Items
- Added Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifles.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines
- Does 32/33 damage (Epic / Legendary).
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Uses the same damage fall- off ranges as other Assault Rifles.
- Added a new foraged item: Apples
- Consuming an Apple will grant 5 health (up to 100).
- Can uncommonly be found around certain trees throughout the map.
- Impulse Grenade drop rate has been increased by 5%.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Damage increased by 3.
- Common is now 20 (was 17)
- Uncommon is now 21 (was 18)
- Rare is now 22 (was 19)
- Increased Accuracy reset speed by 25%.
- This will decrease the penalty during continuous fire.
- Increased Damage fall-off range.
- Fall-off starts at 28 meters (was 24 meters).
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters (was 80% at 35 meters).
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters (was 65 % at 50 meters).
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Damage Staircase
- Decreased Damage from 125 to 75.
- Reset Time reduced from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Remote Explosives
- Damage radius and throw distance have increased
- Damage radius and throw distance have been increased
- Delay between sequential explosions has been reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.175
- Delay before detonating a throwing another one has been reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.15 seconds.
- Bug Fixes
Removed the delay between swapping and grenade
- Fixed an issue where Remote Explosives could destroy the meteor in Dusty Divot
- Assault Rifles no longer appear to eject multiple bullet casings per shot
- it at the same time.
- Added ‘Auto-Pickup’ option for pickups on PC and consoles.
- This will automatically pick up Weapons and Consumables when walking over them (as long as inventory slots are still empty). They will be placed in the next available lock
- This option can be enabled in the Settings menu
- 50v50 V2 Adjustments
- DBNO damage per tick lowered from 10 to 5.
- Chest spawn rate increased from 50-70% to 75-90%.
- Final circle is shortened from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- This last circle exists for 60 seconds before gradually closing in about an additional 60 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where Turbo Building would stop if you pressed another button before releasing the other.
- Fixed aniling players. the vents of the research facility in Dusty Divot.
- Fixed an issue caused by prediction to get stuck and open the door.
- Fixed from the ground near Lucky Landing.
- Fixed an issue that will be unopened when they have already been looted.
- a section of the Loot Lake water.
- Improved overall server performance.
- The server tick rate has increased from 20 to 30 updates per second.
- Network bandwidth has increased slightly.
- Improved material loading by 2x, which should help buildings and characters stream in faster and reduce hitching.
- Fixed large hitches that were there when certain cosmetic items were encountered for the first time in a match.
- Improved framerate when using Hop Rocks by optimizing its particle effect
- Fixed remote players appearing to jump far too high when their connection went bad or there was a server hitch.
- To help differentiate between above / below footstep sounds, we’ve added an additional layer to steps that are based on the surface type.
- Wood has creaks, Stone has crunches + gravel noises, and Metal has rattles.
- Lowered the volume of the weak points that appear when harvesting
- Boosted the volume of Grenade Launcher explosions to more closely matched volume of other explosions.
- Improved how wind fades out prior to landing when using a glider.
- Fixed an issue that would cause audio to cut out on elimination.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a player’s footsteps / jumps / lands to sound as if they were moving, especially when looking through a scope.
- Emotion in the lobby can now be triggered by clicking the right analog stick.
- Added an emote
- Nvidia Shadowplay Highlights now defaults to off (PC only)
- Fixed an issue that prevented map from working while spectating
- Fixed an issue where teammate map indicators would not display during a match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the trap placement […]
- Fixed an issue where the minimap would not display properly while spectating a player
Art + Animation – Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sprays to affect objects that are moved (player-worn bush, soccer balls, etc.).
- Fixed an issue that caused Battlehound’s pants to clip through his tunic when running.
Replay System – Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue where Eliminations would not show up in the Replay browser.
- HUD customization added.
This is version 1.0, we’ll continue to build this out.
- Added […]