Version 1.6.8 of foobar2000 has been released. This popular, lightweight music player supports MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, Flac, WAV and WMA, among others, and has support for Replay Gain† Furthermore, the player can convert different formats, the program has extensive options to adjust the tags and the interface can be completely customized. In addition, it is possible to change the functionality using plugins expand. The changelog for this release looks like this:
Changes in version 1.6.8:
- Fixed visual glitches when scrolling lists horizontally with mouse wheel through Logitech software.
- Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output.
- Fixed failure to install components from store-mode (uncompressed) zip archives.
- Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, prevented crash from too many cuesheet entries.
- Correct reporting of AC3 channel count in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it would incorrectly report stereo).
- Allowed UTF-8 cue sheets without UTF-8 header.
- Fixed htmlspecialchars misuse in component update list / component page link.
- Mapped MP4 @mvn field to “movement name”.
- Prevented the same folder from being added more than once to the Media Library.
- Properties dialog: deferred logging of user-entered field names for the dropdown list until the tags are saved, effectively preventing typos from being remembered.
- Fixed a bug causing alt+f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) to be disregarded if mouse pointer is above specific interactive portion of a window (list controls, buttons in editboxes).
- Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags – some files were entirely unplayable.
- More thorough ‘remove tags’ for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack.
- Fixed text truncation in ReplayGain Scanner preferences page.
- Made possible to add attached pictures by drag and drop to relevant Properties dialog page.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11|