Everything is a small and free program that indexes all folders and files on a Windows computer and with extensive search criteria it can quickly locate any file or folder on the computer. Initially it only stores the file name, but it can also search by content. Indexing a fresh Windows installation, which contains approximately 120,000 files, is done in less than a second. It then only uses 14MB of RAM and takes up about 9MB of space on the hard disk. The changelog since version 18.104.22.1684 can be found below.
Changes in version 22.214.171.1249
- Fixed an issue with detecting NTFS volumes.
Changes in version 126.96.36.1995
- Fixed a security issue with loading urlmon.dll and imm32.dll.
- Fixed a 4-byte utf8 comparison issue.
- Fixed an issue with connecting to the Everything Service from some devices (eg: a ram drive).
- Fixed an issue with focus search on activate.
- Fixed an issue with excluding filenames with 4-byte UTF-8 characters.
- Fixed an issue with -focus-result command line options.
- Fixed an issue with .c: service access
- Fixed an issue with db corruption from duplicated filenames.
- Fixed a corrupt db issue when re-scanning duplicated files.
- Fixed an issue with Ctrl + Tab.
- Fixed issues with starting a rename while there was a mouse capture.
- Fixed issues with the hide_on_close setting.
- Fixed an issue with processing command line options from multiple instances.
- Fixed an issue with copying results to the clipboard.
- Fixed an issue with using the wrong column index in LVM_GETCOLUMN.
- Fixed an issue with the es: url protocol.
- Fixed an issue with Everything holding onto volume handles after RegisterDeviceNotification fails.
- Fixed an issue with treating unmounted volumes as NTFS.
- Fixed another crash with unaligned memory access and some USB disk drivers.
- Fixed an issue when renaming a file or folder.
- Fixed a crash with unaligned memory access and some USB disk drivers.
- Fixed an issue with Everything not showing as an active window correctly.
- Fixed an issue with Windows 10 not giving Everything focus
- Fixed an issue with scheduled folder updates never occuring for network drives when waking from sleep.
- Fixed an issue when permanently deleting folders with really long filenames.
- Fixed an issue with gathering icons for files with paths longer than 260 characters.
- Fixed an issue with IPC query returning the incorrect total items.
- Fixed an issue with hidden windows staying hidden forever.
- Fixed an issue with rendering negative visible result items.
- Fixed an issue with saving column positions and widths.
- Fixed an issue with showing suggestions above the search box.
- Fixed an issue with context menus ignoring base keys.
- Fixed an issue with Everything resetting the sort after rebuilding the database.
- Fixed an issue with accessing offline volumes.
- Fixed an issue with comparing dc: to dm:
- Fixed an issue with attrib:d
- Fixed an issue with the ETP client skipping space prefixes in filenames.
- Added autofocus to the HTTP server search box.
- Added check to see if volumes are mounted before accessing.
- Added Lite version (which removes ETP/FTP/HTTP Servers and removes IPC)
- Added to http server
- Access denied dialog will now prompt to install the Everything Service.
- Start menu shortcut and Desktop shortcut now installed as “Everything”
- Compiled with /DYNAMICBASE
- Compiled with /NXCOMPAT
- Install now saves settings.
- The installer now installs Start menu shortcuts and the Desktop shortcut for all users.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|