Version 6.8.0 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert e-books to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber from the well-known webshops.
In version 6.0 among other things, the switch to Qt 6 has been made. However, this means that the program only works on computers equipped with a 64-bit processor and a minimum of Windows 10 or macOS 11 is required. Furthermore, it is now possible to search all books in the library instead of just the current book, and there are also versions for Arm and Apple Silicon processors. The following changes and improvements have also been made in this fourth update:
- Allow customizing the buttons available to the right of the search bar in the main caliber window via Preferences->Toolbars & menus->The buttons on the searchbar.
- Book details panel: Allow adjusting the space used by the cover with a splitter. Close tickets: 1994065.
- Make splitter handles more visible in the caliber UI style.
- When sending by email to kindle dont include the author in the filename as amazon is currently reading the author from the file metadata but not the title. Close tickets: 1994136.
- Book list: Fix incorrect rendering of yes/no icons when they are configured to have only two values. Close tickets: 1993051.
- Nook driver: Send books to the NOOK folder for the 2021 Nook model as well. Close tickets: 1990730.
- Improve performance in very large libraries of various UI operations such as right clicking, marking books, etc.
- Fix edit metadata dialog not remembering its position and improve how caliber restores window position and size on multi-monitor systems.
- Conversion: Fix CSS styles applied to SVG elements being discarded.
- EPUB Input: Fix empty adobe page number template file causing conversion to fail. Close tickets: 1995551.
- E-book viewer: Fix rendering of comments in metadata display when using a dark color scheme. Close tickets: 1995214.
- AZW3 Input: Fix svg images that use a prefix for the SVG namespace not being recognized. Close tickets: 1994988.
- Edit book: Fix double clicking in the see what changed dialog not opening the file in the editor since caliber 6.0.
- Edit book: Fix modified indicator on images not working correctly when replacing the image.
- Amazon metadata download: Adapt the plugin for website changes.
New news sources
- Fifty Two by unkn0wn
- Bloomberg and Bloomberg Business Week by unkn0wn
Improved news sources
- Army and Navy Times
|Operating systems||Linux, macOS, Windows 10, Windows 11|