Version 6.23 of Caliber has been released. This open source e-book management tool is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It can, among other things, look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert e-books to make them suitable for various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles into e-book format based on RSS feeds. Books can also be purchased with Caliber from well-known online stores.
In version 6.0 the switch to Qt 6 has been made, among other things. However, this does mean that the program only works on computers equipped with a 64bit processor and requires at least Windows 10 or macOS 11. Furthermore, you can now search all books in the library instead of just the current book, and there are also versions for Arm and Apple Silicon processors. The following changes and improvements have also been made in this update:
- PDF Output: Add an option to discard the book cover instead of inserting it as the first page of the PDF. Closes tickets: 2025942.
- Content server: Allow opening the book details page for a matches book from the Full text search results page. Closes tickets: 2025333.
- Windows: Fix empty data folder getting created in directory caliber is launched from when changing title/author for a book with an existing data folder.
- LIT Output: Fix error converting anything to LIT on Windows. Closes tickets: 2026795.
- Ignore failures to expire old trash during startup.
- Amazon metadata download: Fix retrieval of publisher information from amazon.fr. Closes tickets: 2025786.
New news sources
- ThePressProject by Sotiris Papatheodorou
Improved news sources
- Guardian & Observer
- Private Eye
- Associated Press
|Linux, macOS, Windows 10, Windows 11